Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee

I have been getting ready mentally for my oldest child to graduate from High School the past 6 months or so. It occurred to me that in 5 short years, we will be empty nesters. That's a scary thought. I decided that it was time for me to start developing my own interests in preparation for that day. I was involved in a theater production in high school. (Annie, no less) It was a lot of fun. Some who know me would think that I am a natural personality for theater. I am an extrovert who has never met a stranger. The same people might be surprised to learn my interest lies behind the scenes not in front of the footlights.
My friend, Monica, is the director for the play. When I expressed an interest in February about possibly joining her Tech Crew, she jumped on the idea. And somehow convinced me that I could run a sound board for her play. With nine wireless body mics, one stage mic and a CD of sound effects. I am going to do it. I must be crazy.
But you knew that.
Tonight was my first rehearsal. The cast has been practicing for weeks. They are awesome. It is going to be a great play. I CAN do this. Vikki and Chris, both seasoned in local theater, helped me set up. Helped might not be the right word as they did ALL of the hook-ups and sound-checks tonight while I watched and took notes. I CAN do this. And it's gonna be a blast! Once we got everyone micced and I started playing with the sound board I really started having fun. It is a great and awesome power that one wields with a sound mixing board at the fingertips.
Four more rehearsals to go before opening night on Wednesday June 8th. Our entire run is a total of fifteen performances. Let's all break legs, but me especially!

1 Comments:

At June 2, 2011 at 8:22 AM , Blogger Grace to You said...

You go, girl! :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home