Friday, February 6, 2009

One sock, Two sock

Project 365
Friday 02.06.09

This is a beautiful sight to me. Stacks of clean, neatly folded clothes and piles of matched socks. Too bad I put away the even white towers of fresh towels before I thought to get my camera. I finally caught up the laundry. I spent Thursday evening folding while changing the loads over from washer to dryer to table. I finished on Friday morning. When I do a load or two every few days and fold straight out of the dryer then I keep up. Occasionally I don't do that for one reason or another. Since we spent last weekend in Columbia and I haven't had a day off yet I had fallen behind. It seems like everyone else in this house is afraid/unaware/ unable to use the washer and dryer. I do have one iron clad rule about laundry. I will wash, dry and fold everyone's laundry. I will NOT gather and bring it to the laundry room. Nor will I return clean clothes to the owner's dresser or even bedroom. All clothes must be delivered to the laundry room or they will not be laundered. I really don't mind folding laundry. Especially towels. I could fold towels all day. Ok, not really but you get the idea. I love my Fisher/Paykel washer and dryer too. Does that make me weird? But I'm not a maid so I have to set some guidelines to prevent them from treating me that way!

1 Comments:

At February 7, 2009 at 2:29 PM , Blogger Grace to You said...

You might be amused to know I received a washer and dryer as a wedding gift from my husband. You might be even more amused to know I loved it. :) My washer was 20+ years old and the agitator was messed up...I had to manually jump start it several times each load, which was no fun at all. Not that the new washer and dryer are any fun, either, but they sure are nice! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home