Saturday, April 25, 2009

Me is who I am


I have thought a lot lately about ME lately. Not in a selfish way but as a challenge in scrapping. I have a tendency to scrap about everyone else in the family including the dog but as I look back I have discovered that I am leaving me out. I am part of this family too. As much as I want to leave a legacy for my heirs to read about I'm not sure they will know me too. I think it's important for all crafters to remember to include yourself in your projects. Yes, I put my touch on my layouts with my own style but I want to put my image there as well. We as women have an inclination to put others first before ourselves. Don't we all do that to some degree or another? What about us? Let's let future generations know who we were, what we looked like and what made us, us. I am trying to do this by smiling when the camera is pointed at me and not turning away. They may not be the best pictures in the world but they are a reflection of me at that moment. It the REAL me. Even if I prefer to look my best in photos the truth is this IS who I really am most of the time. Why wait for perfection? If I wait I may be left behind. It's OK for me to think of me first sometimes. I think my children will be glad that I tried to document my life as well as theirs. They will also know that no one is perfect and it's best to be yourself at all times. What are YOU doing to include yourself?

1 Comments:

At April 27, 2009 at 10:15 AM , Blogger Grace to You said...

Great post! I've thought the same thing many times...since I'm always the one behind the camera, my photo albums don't include me very often.

Since I can't see me all of a sudden becoming a camera ham, I've started working on a couple of books made for moms to fill out for their kids. I'm hoping that will be even better than pictures. :)

And may I just say, you look fabulous and fabulously rested! Love you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home